Everything you need to know to become a beekeeper
Make A Variety Of Beeswax Candles
Support this web site
SHOP AT AMAZON
Make Money From Beekeeping
Specializing in Selling Local Honey, Beeswax, Lip Balm, Candles, Pollen, Pollination Service,Swarm Catching, Bee Removal Servicevice,etc.
For many of us making some extra money on a regular basis can make a big difference in our everyday lives. Aside from simply enjoying the benefits of having your own honey supply, there are a number of ways to make money by keeping honey bees.
While this is not the thrust of this article a very good friend of mine made a set of six videos on how to become a beekeeper and earned a solid second income selling them via the internet. He had a retired professional NBC-TV cameraman who lived nearby do the actual filming.
Here are a few ways for you to earn some extra income via keeping honey bees, and you may even think of one or two additional ways as you are reading.
1. Selling your excess honey from your home or at small local stores. You can get a higher price then what it is sold for in your nearby supermarket because it is locally produced honey. Many people believe that eating local honey is very helpful to reducing the negative effects of allergies as it has minute particles of pollen in it from flowers in the area.
2. Excess beeswax can be used to make candles. Package them attractively wrapped by the pair with an attractive ribbon. These can be sold to friends and neighbors or through a local store.
3 Recipes are available on the internet for making your own lip balm using beeswax and a couple of other easily obtainable ingredients. Check here for a supplier of a variety of containers for lip balm and hand lotion. Be sure to watch the video for how to easily package your lip balm. Wander about their site and you can also find some neat containers for candles as well.
4. You can melt beeswax and make small bars of pure beeswax. Some people just like the feel and smell of the beeswax but it also can be used as a lubricant for the bottom rails of bureau drawers. You can buy small molds and use these to make any number of beeswax knickknacks. One member of my beekeeping association makes a number of beeswax animals, etc., to sell.
5. Some folks collect pollen from the bees to sell in jars as a health food. The equipment to do this is available at any number of beekeeping equipment supply companies.
6. Another big opportunity, if you are so inclined is to make yourself available to deal with swarms of bees. You let the local police in your town and adjacent towns know that they can give your phone number out whenever they get a call from a local citizen about a swarm being in a tree or bush on their property. Collect a healthy swarm and bring it home to start a new beehive relatively free of cost. Packages of honey bees used to start new bee hives are sold by beekeeping supply companies for about $65 per a three pound box.
7. Removing bees from inside house walls or ceilings affords a great opportunity to add to one's income as a beekeeper. Check out this aspect here !
8. There is also the opportunity presented by raising, packaging and selling Queen Bees. Check out this video below !
No doubt I have left off a couple of other opportunities that may well pop into your mind as you are reading.
What you are looking for >>
© 2010-2013 Albert W. Needham